The Street Store – Auckland

Press Release – Jessica Lee

My name is Jessica Lee and I’m a high school student in year 13 at Albany Senior High School. For a community project I have decided to host a Street Store, which is a one-off pop-up clothing store for the homeless.The Street Store – Auckland

My name is Jessica Lee and I’m a high school student in year 13 at Albany Senior High School. For a community project I have decided to host a Street Store, which is a one-off pop-up clothing store for the homeless.

In more detail, it is a one-day event in which anyone can donate quality clothes, and people who are in need are given a dignified shopping experience, free to choose clothing they actually want. It also increases awareness for people experiencing homelessness, letting them know that we care and want to listen.

After launching in Cape Town, the Street Store received the attention of local and international media, and to date there has been over 600 Street Stores hosted in hundreds of cities around the world. I’m hoping to host the event at the Red Fences along Quay Street on either the 9th or 10th of September, preferably along Captain Cook and Marsden Wharf.

The Street Store is a really great opportunity to give back to those in need, especially as it is an increasing issue in our community.

Date: 9th September, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Along the Red Fences at 75 Quay Street, Auckland CBD

Donations can be dropped off at Albany Senior High School two days before the event, or donated on the day.

For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1382350248484688/

Content Sourced from scoop.co.nz
Original url