Archive for November, 2014

Aro Valley junior beautician wins industry award

Press Release – Skinfocus

Aro Valley beauty therapist Charlotte Redshaw has won an Australasian industry award recognising outstanding achievement in skin care. Read more »

How victims of sexual violence are dealt with by the courts

Press Release – TVNZ

Q+A: Amy Adams – addressing how victims of sexual violence are dealt with by the courts is a priority Read more »

Scheduled Oral Hearing Is Ignored by Select Committee

Opinion – Donna Mojab

On Saturday Nov 29th at 10 am in the morning I was nervously glued to my phone. I was told the day before that, following my written submission, the Parliament Select Committee would be calling to hear my oral presentation on the new Counter Terrorist … Read more »

Charter school roll plunge

Press Release – Green Party

One of the five Charter schools lauded by the Government as a success has lost a quarter of its school roll this year, with each student now costing four times as much to teach than children in a regular public school, the Green Party said today. Read more »

Murrays Bay School: Creating Community Cohesion

Press Release – Murrays Bay School

On Saturday the 6th of December 2014, the Sunnynook Community is hosting a day called Painting in the Car Park. This day will involve artists from Sunnynook and surrounding suburbs creating murals for the grey walls of the Sunnynook Bus Station. … Read more »

Trustpower TECT Rescue helicopter dispatched to Motiti

Press Release – TrustPower TECT Rescue Helicopter

This morning at around 0700hrs the Tauranga based Trustpower TECT Rescue helicopter was dispatched to Motiti Is where a 74 year old local man had become ill. The helicopter was sent due to the off shore location and the potential seriousness of the man medical … Read more »

UC Mathematics expert appointed distinguished professor

Press Release – University of Canterbury

A University of Canterbury mathematics expert who researches how life on Earth began has been appointed a Distinguished Professor. Read more »

Arrests made after disorder in Linwood

Press Release – New Zealand Police

Eight people have been arrested and three Police officers were injured when they responded to multiple reports of fighting in the Linwood suburb of Christchurch including some reports of an axe being used at approximately 6.10pm today. Read more »

Leader in Earthquake Research Honoured

Press Release – Inspired Lives

Dr Brendon Bradley was named the New Zealand Young Engineer of the Year at last nights Engineering Excellence Awards, held at Aucklands Pullman Hotel. Read more »

The New Zealand Engineering Excellence Awards

Press Release – Inspired Lives

Fourteen winners took home highly coveted awards at last nights New Zealand Engineering Excellence Awards, held at the Pullman Hotel in Auckland. The Awards, running since 2005, celebrate outstanding leadership, innovation, and excellence in engineering … Read more »

Next Page »