Archive for September, 2013

Unitary Plan delivering world’s least liveable city

Press Release – John Palino

The Auckland Councils notified Unitary Plan released publicly today will lead to congestion, more expensive housing and a reduction in the standard of living for all of Auckland, says John Palino. Read more »

Q+A Panel: In response to Gareth Morgan interview

Press Release – Television New Zealand

But I do think hes right about his approach to obesity. What I love about Gareth Morgan is hes one of our few genuine public intellectuals. You know, and by that I mean someone who is prepared to look really critically and analytically at big … Read more »

Q+A Panel: In response to Metiria Turei interview

Did you know quick question, because I certainly didnt until we started to do the research around this Simon, 57 varieties of GM food permitted in New Zealand and Australia? SIMON Thats right. Its quite a lot, isnt it? SUSAN Did you … Read more »

Q+A: Jessica Mutch interviews Metiria Turei

The Greens co-leader Metiria Turei has told TV Ones Q+A programme that consumers are not being given full information on food labels as to whether or not the product has been made using genetically modified organisms. Read more »

PM to attend APEC and the East Asia Summit

Press Release – New Zealand Government

Prime Minister John Key will attend two major Asia-Pacific leaders meetings next week, the 2013 APEC Leaders meeting in Bali from October 7-8 and then the East Asia Summit in Brunei from October 9-10. Read more »

Chris Tremain Not Contesting 2014 Election

Press Release – New Zealand National Party

Chris Tremain, MP for Napier, announced today that he will not be contesting the 2014 general election. Read more »

Official drought period ends today

Press Release – New Zealand Government

Primary Industries Minister Nathan Guy says rural communities have bounced back strongly after this years drought, with the official declaration ending today. Read more »

Estimates of Copper Tax “Conservative” Says Peer Review

Press Release – Coalition for Fair Internet Pricing

The Coalition for Fair Internet Pricing is pleased that one of the governments top economic analysts has backed its conservative estimate of the cost to Kiwi households and businesses of the proposed copper tax. Read more »

Comment on the notified Auckland Proposed Unitary Plan

Press Release – David Thornton

The Proposed Unitary Plan has now been notified and contains many changes from the Draft Plan which caused outrage in many North Shore Communities, especially in Milford, Browns Bay, Sunnynook and down the Devonport and Bayswater peninsulas. Read more »

AA Members back lower BAC limit

Press Release – New Zealand Automobile Association

It is time for New Zealand to lower the legal limit for drinking and driving, says the Automobile Association. Read more »

« Previous PageNext Page »