Archive for June, 2012

Report acknowledges improved safety of people in custody

Press Release – New Zealand Police

New Zealand has a very low rate of deaths in custody according to a report released today by the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA), which notes numerous safety improvements implemented by Police to ensure the safety of detainees. Read more »

Deaths in Police custody – lessons from a ten-year review

Press Release – Independent Police Conduct Authority

Deaths in Police custody – lessons from a ten-year review Improvements in Police policies and practices have been reflected in better care of people in Police custody, as measured by the incidence of deaths of detainees studied in an independent review. Read more »

League Tables Will Lead to Children Missing Out – NZEI

Press Release – NZEI

League tables of primary schools would provide a false picture of student achievement and school effectiveness and lead to children missing out in the end, the primary teachers union NZEI said today. Read more »

Spotlight put on sites for city housing developments

Press Release – Sustainable Cities

Release: Spotlight put on sites for city housing developments Leading architects with a commitment to construction of more social and affordable housing in New Zealand met with developers, government officials, academics and community advocates at a … Read more »

NZ’s first Zero Energy House leads move to end power bills

Press Release – SolarCity

Intelligent Roof on NZ’s first Zero Energy House leads move to end power bills

Read more »

Key Notes: Delivering better public services

Press Release – New Zealand Government

On Monday, I announced the targets that I expect our public service to deliver for New Zealanders over the next five years. These targets are specific and measurable, which means we’ll be able to show you how we’re doing against each one. We’ll report … Read more »

Speech: Turia – Graduation Ceremony for BEST Auckland

Speech – New Zealand Government

Hon Tariana Turia Associate Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment 3.30pm, Friday 29 June 2012 SPEECH Graduation Ceremony for BEST Auckland, Telstra Clear Pacific Events Centre Talofa lava, mālō e lelei, bula vinaka, kia orana, … Read more »

Public Address 29 June 2012 – You’re Telling My Child What?

Column – Public Address

Over the years, I’ve had sex for some really stupid reasons. I know that’s hard to believe, but I have. I’ve had sex with people because it would be rude not to and I didn’t want to make a fuss. I’ve had sex because it was there and I had … Read more »

DDSIT add heavyweight project manager to team

Press Release – DDSIT

Gerda Williams has moved from Dimension Data to join IT service provider DDSIT. Williams has 18 years’ experience in Project Management including the delivery of Auckland Transition Agency IT Programme of Work and the IT PMO at Auckland Council. Read more »

High seas close vehicle access to Red Rocks

Press Release – Wellington City Council

The high seas that pummelled Wellington’s South Coast overnight have caused the closure of part of the vehicle access track to Red Rocks (Pari-whero). Parts of the track, past the first community of baches, have been washed away and it is very dangerous … Read more »

« Previous PageNext Page »