Archive for April, 2012

Joint exercise to prepare for possible mass arrival

Press Release – New Zealand Government

A major exercise to test New Zealand’s preparations for a mass arrival of asylum seekers by boat is starting tomorrow, the Immigration Minister Nathan Guy has announced. Read more »

Trade Me Members to Help BNZ Save the Kiwi Trust

Press Release – Trademe

A new partnership between Trade Me and conservation group BNZ Save the Kiwi Trust hopes to raise more than $40,000 a year to help save our national icon. From today, Trade Me sellers can choose to “round up” their success fee to the nearest dollar … Read more »

NZ at risk of breaching Refugee Convention obligations

Press Release – Amnesty International

The New Zealand government’s introduction of changes to the Immigration Act represent a deeply concerning trend that ignores the violent and terrifying situations these people are fleeing says Amnesty International. Read more »

Tough Measures: Immigration and the John Banks Question

Article – Mark P. Williams

Tough Measures: Tough New Immigration Policies; Tough Questions on John Banks PM Press Conference 30th April, 2012 Scoop Audio + Video + Photos Read more »

Palm Oil And The Spirit Of Christmas

Press Release – Deforestation Watch

Christmas is supposed to be a time of generosity and goodwill. However, the acts of generosity and goodwill that flourishes in December often fade quickly, causing many to say, “I wish we could keep the Christmas spirit all year long.” Why does … Read more »

Flood risk work on hold – Hamilton City Council apologises

Press Release – Hamilton City Council

Hamilton City Council’s Mayor and Councillors are apologising to Hamilton residents for their recent mailout to property owners regarding flood risk, and have put the current flood risk related consultation on hold while more detailed work is undertaken. … Read more »

IG Markets Afternoon thoughts

Press Release – IG Markets

Across Asia, markets have enjoyed a positive start to the week with equities making gains on the back of resilient risk appetite. In US trade, markets shrugged off news of a Spanish downgrade and a weaker-than-expected US GDP print to finish the session … Read more »

Wiremu Walmsley to Head Lifeline Aotearoa

Press Release – LifeLine

Wiremu Walmsley, previously manager for Raukura Hauora O Tainui in Counties Manukau, has joined Lifeline Aotearoa to head the organisation’s suicide prevention education division. Read more »

New gardens at Thames Hospital thanks to Rotary

Press Release – Waikato DHB

The courtyard gardens at Thames Hospital have been a feature of the hospital’s environment since its redevelopment three years ago. And it is thanks to the work of many selfless volunteers from the local Rotary Club that the environment regularly … Read more »

New board appointment for ATEED

Press Release – Auckland Council

The Mayor welcomes the appointment of Simon Tucker to the board of Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED). Mr Tucker was appointed as director of the board by Auckland Council’s Council Controlled Organisations Strategy Review Subcommittee. Read more »

Next Page »