Press Release – Foundation Of The Blind
Monday 26 March Shake a virtual bucket for Red Puppy Appeal Join Matsi, a hard working Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (RNZFB) Red Puppy and create an online collection bucket in support of tomorrow’s guide dogs.Media Release
Monday 26 March
Shake a virtual bucket for Red Puppy Appeal
Join Matsi, a hard working Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (RNZFB) Red Puppy and create an online collection bucket in support of tomorrow’s guide dogs.
RNZFB puppy-in-training Matsi setting up his MyBucket page.
Red Puppy Appeal is the annual RNZFB appeal to raise funds for life-changing services like guide dogs that empower blind and partially sighted New Zealanders to lead independent lives.
Supporters are encouraged to ‘shake a bucket’ online using MyBucket, a special online tool which uses digital technology and social media. So instead of collecting on the street, fundraisers can easily share their collection pages with their family and friends in the comfort of their own homes and in their own time.
RNZFB Chief Executive, Sandra Budd, says after the success of the inaugural MyBucket collection for Blind Week last year, the RNZFB is excited to continue with the digital approach again, this time for Red Puppy Appeal.
“Many of our supporters are interacting and sharing information online. We hope they will use this easy fundraising tool to spread the word about our cause and support our amazing Red Puppies, who are working hard to one day be the eyes of a blind or partially sighted New Zealander.”
With an average of three New Zealanders registering as members of the RNZFB everyday, the charity relies on support from the public.
To join Matsi and register your own online collection, or donate to another collection via a secure payment process, visit redpuppy.org.nz and click ‘shake a bucket online’. It only takes a few minutes and 100% of donations go to the RNZFB for life changing services, like guide dogs.
About the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Bind
• The RNZFB is the country’s main provider of sight loss services to blind and partially sighted people.
• The RNZFB has more than 11,500 blind and partially sighted members nationwide.
• Every day an average of three blind or partially sighted New Zealanders sign up as members of the RNZFB.
• RNZFB puppies are identified by their bright red coats and the average working life of a RNZFB guide dog is eight to 10 years.
• The RNZFB equips its members with the adaptive skills, technology and resources they need to overcome the barriers they face to participating fully in society and leading independent lives.
• The RNZFB receives no government funding for Guide Dog Services so your support of the Red Puppy Appeal will help blind and partially sighted Kiwis live a full and independent life.