Press Release – Office of the Clerk
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Will he agree to the requests of former Minister Hon Dr. Nick Smith and others for an inquiry about the Minister’s role in the ACC case of Bronwyn Pullar and surrounding issues; if not, why not?QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Will he agree to the requests of former Minister Hon Dr. Nick Smith and others for an inquiry about the Minister’s role in the ACC case of Bronwyn Pullar and surrounding issues; if not, why not?
2. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received about the economy’s performance?
3. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he have confidence in the Chief Executive of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade?
4. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister for Economic Development: How is the Government helping New Zealand technology companies access the capital and expertise they need to grow?
5. Hon LIANNE DALZIEL to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: Does he stand by the Prime Minister’s statement that the Government’s offer to insured residential homeowners, whose properties had been red-zoned by the Government, is “incredibly fair”; if so, why?
6. MARK MITCHELL to the Minister for Social Development: How is the Government providing beneficiaries opportunities for work in Canterbury?
7. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: Does she agree with Treasury that increasing class sizes will assist educational outcomes for students; if so, why?
8. HONE HARAWIRA to the Attorney-General: What is the likely total cost of the “Urewera Four” case to the Crown, from the start of surveillance of suspects to the close of the trial on Tuesday, including all of the different government departments that were involved?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Defence: What reports has he received on recent upgrades to Royal New Zealand Air Force capabilities?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: What was so vastly different in the contents of the first and second letters from Hon Dr. Nick Smith to ACC regarding Bronwyn Pullar that finally made him decide to accept Dr Smith’s resignation?
11. Dr DAVID CLARK to the Minister of Revenue: Given the evidence presented by IRD officials in their briefing for the incoming Minister that significant tax reforms enacted since 2008 have reduced the tax to GDP ratio and that “about 2.5 percentage points of this decline is attributable to policy changes” does he agree with the Minister of Finance that the Government’s tax changes have been “broadly fiscally neutral”; if so, why?
12. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: What support has the Government provided in restoring sporting facilities in Christchurch since the Canterbury earthquakes?