Archive for March, 2012

iPredict Newsletter: ACC Scandal Special

Press Release – iPredict

IPREDICT LTD Economic & Political Newsletter: ACC Scandal Special 31 March 2012 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE www.ipredict.co.nz Read more »

United Nations Declare Day to Celebrate Autism

Press Release – Autism NZ

Monday 2 April, has been designated World Autism Awareness Day by the United Nations general Assembly. Autism New Zealand is hoping that all New Zealanders will try to better understand this often confusing condition. Read more »

Talley’s agrees to mediation after locking out workers

Press Release – Meat Workers Union

Talley’s AFFCO has agreed to attend mediation two days after it locks out a further 500 workers over Easter, says Meat Workers Union general secretary Dave Eastlake. Read more »

Back Pain costs “ Precious” Millions

Press Release – Back Pain Expo

Four out of five New Zealanders will suffer from Back Pain during their lifetime, costing ACC more than 300 Million dollars per year and being the second most common cause of sick days off work. Read more »

Need for fundamental reform despite change of approach

Press Release – Auckland Chamber of Commerce

Today’s change of approach by the parties to return to the bargaining table, and use the facilitation process set out in the Employment Relations Act, doesn’t alter the need for a certain and sustainable solution to the dispute, said Auckland Chamber … Read more »

Brightwater may lay off workers over Bathurst mine delays

Article – BusinessDesk

March 30 (BusinessDesk) – Brightwater Group, the Nelson-based engineering firm, is looking at sacking workers because of delays to Bathurst Resources’ planned coal mine on the West Coast. Read more »

Labour pays tribute to Reverend Dr Hone Kaa

Press Release – New Zealand Labour Party

Labour has today expressed its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Reverend Dr Hone Kaa who passed away last night. Read more »

Joyous spirit at CPIT graduation

Press Release – CPIT

Summing up the spirit of CPIT’s autumn graduation, Bachelor of Nursing graduate Faduma Mohammed was enthusiastic about the event. “I feel so good, my heart is going fast, I’m so excited and everyone is here!” she said. Read more »

Christchurch Schools Jump Aboard the Fitness Trail

Press Release – Youthtown

Fitness trails were officially launched Thursday 29 March at Aranui High School and Linwood College. The launches are part of a national fitness trail initiative being rolled out by Youthtown to encourage physical exercise and health for New Zealand … Read more »

Auckland Has Port Back But This Never Should Have Happened

Press Release – First Union

Media release: FIRST Union Friday March 30, 2012 Auckland Has Its Port Back But This Never Should Have Happened Auckland citizens, workers and businesses will welcome news that their Port will be up and running again soon, following Port management’s … Read more »

« Previous PageNext Page »