Press Release – Cancer Society
This Valentine’s Day Cancer Society Auckland is hosting a Trademe auction, to raise funds to help them support families living with cancer. “The shock and disbelief of a cancer diagnosis is distressing for the whole family.Make a difference and show you care @ Cancer Society Valentine’s Day Auction
This Valentine’s Day Cancer Society Auckland is hosting a Trademe auction, to raise funds to help them support families living with cancer.
“The shock and disbelief of a cancer diagnosis is distressing for the whole family. At the Cancer Society we reduce that distress; through our free psychological and practical support, including good information, home visits by nurses, counselling and transport-to-treatment. By purchasing your Valentine’s Day gift through our online auction, you will help us reduce distress for families living with cancer, and show you really care.” says John Loof, Cancer Society Auckland.
The Trademe auction hosts a wide range of Valentine’s Day gifts, suitable for him and her: The auction includes a romantic weekend in Fiji, a brand new Holden Barina, a Skagen Ladies Watch, and a Fine Dining Experience with UK celebrity chef Joshua Emmet.
“We have something for everybody from a brand new bathroom, to a Stanley Palmer print, and even some finals tickets to the Auckland Warriors vs Manly Re-match. This Valentine’s Day buy that special gift with us and make a difference to those living with cancer”.
The auction will run from Feb 2nd to Feb 13th. To see the full range of gifts visit http://trade.me/cansocietyak 2nd Feb or visit cancersocietyauckland.co.nz
Some of the items being auctioned:
• Trip for 2 to Fiji, includes flights and 3 nights Captain Cook cruise to Yasawa Islands
• Dinner for 6, cooked in your home by Josh Emmet, MasterchefNZ judge and international Celebrity Chef
• Estee Lauder Blockbuster Make-up Kit
• Elizabeth Arden Prevage Skincare
• Brand new Holden Barina Hatch
• Stanley Palmer print
• 2 x 10 day Eurail passes
• Lounge Lizard Silk Pyjamas
• Skagen Silver and Black ladies watch
• Monthly bunch of Fresh Flowers for 6 months
• A brand new bathroom from Chesters
• Weekend for 2 at the Acorn Cottage
• Contemporary Artwork by UK artist Ben Clarke
• Tickets for 2 to the Villa Maria Winery Tour plus a hamper
• Cutlery Set, German design By Studio of Tableware
• Courier Trolley Case by Magenta
• A beautiful black pearl from Timmerman
• Toulousse Duvet Set from Danske Mobler
• A monthly bunch of $100 seasonal flowers over six months
• 4 Tickets to the NZ Warriors & Manly Grand Final Rematch
• A Rugby ball signed by the NZ Warriors
• Weekend, including tour, accommodation and meals at the NZ Defence Force
• Rally drive experience
About the Cancer Society Auckland:
The Cancer Society is an independent non-government organisation dedicated to reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in the community through support, information, research and health promotion. 1 in 3 New Zealanders will be affected by cancer. Each year approximately 22,000 people are diagnosed with cancer and around 8,000 die as a result of cancer.