Press Release – Realestate.co.nz
New Zealand’s most popular mobile phone app for property searching, Realestate.co.nz, hit a significant milestone this week, with its 50,000th download. Realestate.co.nz mobile apps hit 50,000 downloads
Demand for property search apps on iPhone and Android surges
Auckland, 14 December 2011 – New Zealand’s most popular mobile phone app for property searching, Realestate.co.nz, hit a significant milestone this week, with its 50,000th download.
The app, developed in New Zealand in association with Westpac Bank, is the only smartphone app with GPS location-based property search capability that tracks the New Zealand property market.
Since its release a little over a year ago on the iPhone platform, the mobile app has grown steadily in popularity, with more than 200 downloads a day. This surged again in October when the app debuted on the Android platform, which then saw over 6,000 downloads in that month alone.
Alistair Helm, CEO of Realestate.co.nz, has been thrilled with the uptake and usage of the apps which he says together now account for almost 14% of all visitor traffic to the site’s listings from the mobile platform. [http://unconditional.co.nz/blog/mobile-usage-for-finding-property-reaches-a-new-milestone/]
“The appeal of this method of property discovery has been turbocharged in the past couple of months as the summer peak property season has arrived. With the largest selection of listings by licensed agents, it appeals to the seriousproperty hunter who is keen to be better informed and in control of the property searching process.”
Mr Helm says that people are not only downloading the app in ever increasing numbers but they are engaging with it more often.
“Over 2,000 visitors check out property for sale through the app every day and over 90% of those are returning users. Unlike the web, which is heavily focused to casual image based browsing, the mobile app is all about getting real-time property information and insight in the palm of your hand while you are on the go.”
Mr Helm says the Realestate.co.nz iPhone app still consistently rates in the top 20 free lifestyle apps in New Zealand.
“Smartphone usage has clearly changed the way consumers look for property to buy and rent, and will influence how the real estate industry markets properties into the future.”
Features of the app include:
1. Open Homes are highlighted with a flag to allow users to easily see what is available to view that day or on the coming weekend.
2. Refine your search. From the area map you can refine your search, for example, to properties over $500k but less than $700k with three bedrooms. You can then zoom out on the map to see a broader range of options.
3. Check out photos. On finding a home listing, you can then tap on it to see the full listing details and photos of the home. If you like what you see, you can then just call the agent or send them an email.
4. Virtual open home notebook. When reviewing any property, especially open homes, app users can make notes on all aspects of the property. The ‘Inspection’ button lets you rate, make notes and add photos or video for any section of the property – the living area, the kitchen, bedrooms, outside etc.
5. Find out about property for sale anywhere in NZ. Users can access Realesate.co.nz’s full online database to see what is for sale in their dream location. The “Search” function on the home page lets you select by region, district and suburb, and you can instantly see what’s for sale there.
6. What you see is what you get. This app only shows properties on the map where there is an address supplied by the agent. If you want to check to see if there are other properties for sale then hit the “list view” button on the map result page to see all the properties for sale in the area.
7. Favourites. You can store your favourite properties and open homes as well as the most recently viewed properties in the “My Property” section so you can easily find and refer back to your favourites.
8. Affordability Calculator. Realestate.co.nz partnered with Westpac in providing an affordability calculator for each property, which lets you see what the fortnightly or monthly repayments might be for different terms and different deposits.
For more information about the Android & iPhone apps available from Realestate.co.nz, visit www.realestate.co.nz/apps