Man changed after Blenheim sexual assault

Press Release – New Zealand Police

At about 5 a.m on Sunday 13 November 2011 a woman was sexually assaulted by an intruder in her home on Eltham Road in Blenheim. Man changed after Blenheim sexual assault

At about 5 a.m on Sunday 13 November 2011 a woman was sexually assaulted by an intruder in her home on Eltham Road in Blenheim.

Today (Sunday 20 November 2011) the Blenheim CIB arrested a 27 year old male in relation to this matter.

He has been charged with Sexual Violation, Burglary and Wounding.

He is to make his first appearance at the Blenheim District Court on Monday 21 November 2011.

Detective Sergeant Dave Woodley said the arrest was the result of a lot of hard work by Blenheim Police.

“We know this sort of incident undermines people’s sense of security in their own homes and we’ve worked extremely hard over the last week to get a result and hopefully enable our community to rest easy again.

“I’d like to thank the public for their support during this operation. We’ve knocked on a lot of doors and asked a lot of questions and the response has been very supportive,” he said.

ENDS

Content Sourced from scoop.co.nz
Original url