Press Release – United Future NZ Party
Media Statement Hon Peter Dunne MP for Ohariu Leader of UnitedFuture Thursday, 27 October 2011 Peter Dunne unveils Ohariu 10 Point Plan for next 3 years Ensuring that Transmission Gully is completed and that a fulltime professional integrated Fire …
Hon Peter Dunne
MP for Ohariu
Leader of UnitedFuture
Thursday, 27 October 2011
Peter Dunne unveils Ohariu 10 Point Plan for next 3 years
Ensuring that Transmission Gully is completed and that a fulltime professional integrated Fire and Emergency Management Base is located in the northern suburbs are Ohariu MP Peter Dunne’s key initiatives in the 10 Point Plan he has launched for the electorate over the next three years.
“While an awful lot has been done over the years, and Ohariu is well serviced as an electorate with the likes of its schools, and infrastructure and transport, I never rest on my laurels as an electorate MP.
“There is still unfinished business and still areas in which I hope to work with and for the community to further deliver further improvements and initiatives that will make Ohariu an even better place to live in.
“We have Transmission Gully with a green light now after years of hard work and lobbying and pushing the cause, but I take nothing for granted and I will continue to drive it vigorously until it is there.
He said another key priority in the next parliamentary term will be making sure Maungaraki, Korokoro, Normandale and Harbourview have better health services.
“It is that kind of level at which we need to drive further development in Ohariu. It is an outstanding place to live, but we want to further enhance it, and those suburbs need more in the way of medical facilities and services,” he said.
Another key priority will be pushing the redevelopment of Johnsonville Mall and roading improvements to deal with congestion issues in central Johnsonville.
“Again, it is about thinking ahead and improving the quality of life. These are real issues and I will be driving them over the next three years to make sure they are delivered on,” Mr Dunne said.
Peter Dunne’s full 10 Point Plan for Ohariu is:
1. Establishing a fulltime professional integrated Fire and Emergency Management Base in the Northern suburbs.
2. Developing integrated Youth Intervention programmes across the Northern Suburbs, utilising existing community organisations.
3. Working with the Wellington and Hutt City Councils and Police to develop a co-ordinated Civil Defence and Neighbourhood Support infrastructure.
4. Working towards a revitalised network of Residents’ Associations.
5. Continuing to develop and evolve the Northern Wellington Festival.
6. Continuing to drive and promote the North Wellington Voluntary Service Awards.
7. Working with the Newlands-Paparangi Progressive Association (NPPA) and the Wellington City Council to implement the NPPA’s 20 point plan to improve Newlands.
8. Ensuring that the Transmission Gully Road of national significance is completed.
9. Working for better GP services for Maungaraki, Korokoro, Normandale and Harbourview.
10. Ensuring that the redevelopment of the Johnsonville Mall includes roading improvements to decrease traffic congestion in central Johnsonville.
Authorised by Hon Peter Dunne MP, Parliament Buildings, Parliament, Wellington
Hon Peter Dunne
MP for Ohariu /Leader of UnitedFuture
Minister of Revenue/Associate Minister of Health
Visit our website at www.unitedfuture.org.nz