Archive for August, 2011

Women Encouraged to Look at Trades in Christchurch

Press Release – CPIT

Women are being encouraged to consider retraining or choosing a career in trades as the industry gears up to meet the demand for a skilled workforce that will rebuild Christchurch. Minister of Women’s Affairs Hekia Parata will speak at CPIT on Wednesday … Read more »

Geewiz news August

Press Release – Geewiz

In this issue: Coaching success for Quest Napier Marketing is so challenging The right to lead???? 7 leadership strategies Wanted Business problems Welcome New clients and Geewiz network Coming seminars and workshops Rugby World Cup and sales teams Read more »

New Chief Executive and Director announced

Press Release – Maritime New Zealand

The Chairman of the Maritime New Zealand Authority, David Ledson, today announced the appointment of Keith Manch to the position of Chief Executive and Director of Maritime New Zealand (MNZ). Read more »

National Employment Indicator: June 2011

Press Release – Statistics New Zealand

Statistics New Zealand has just released a new employment statistic, the National Employment Indicator (NEI). Read more »

The Trans Pacific Partnership: Death to Democracy

Press Release – TPP Action Group

The TPP Action Group[i] is holding another visual protest outside the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade on Lambton Quay at lunchtime on Thursday 1 September–**–. This is to draw attention to the next round of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement … Read more »

Hays Recruiting: New Christchurch fuels a new skills crisis

Press Release – Hays

After months of uncertainty early plans have been proposed for Christchurch’s $2 billion CBD makeover, but recruiting experts Hays warns that skills shortages will be problematic and those involved in the rebuild will face stiff competition for … Read more »

26 Witnesses to Be Questioned On Pike River Search & Rescue

Press Release – Pike River Royal Commission

The Royal Commission on the Pike River Coal Mine Tragedy will call 26 witnesses during public hearings starting next week examining the search and rescue at Pike River Coal Mine. Read more »

Royal Commission on the Pike River Coal Mine Tragedy: Update

Press Release – Pike River Royal Commission

The Royal Commission starts the public hearings into the search and rescue phase of its inquiries at 11.30am on Monday 5 September, at the Greymouth District Court, Greymouth. Read more »

Lightning strike at Weltec

Press Release – Tertiary Education Union

TEU members at Weltec walked straight out from their jobs this afternoon after voting to go on strike over pressure from their employer to increase their working hours. Read more »

Australia¹S Adam Foulsham Promoted To Y&R Global Role

Press Release – Young and Rubican

Young & Rubicam Brands ANZ chief financial officer Adam Foulsham has been promoted to take up a senior finance posting with Y&R Brands in New York. Read more »

« Previous PageNext Page »