Archive for January, 2011

Star spangled line-up for the fourth US-NZ Partnership Forum

Press Release – NZ US Council

Final planning is underway for the fourth United States New Zealand Partnership Forum, a major event next month that will further strengthen New Zealand’s relationship with the United States. Read more »

Campaign Demands End to Secrecy in Trade Talks

Press Release – National Distribution Union

TPPWatch, a coalition of New Zealand unions, groups and individuals who oppose the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership free trade agreement has launched a “release the text” sign-on letter to Prime Minister John Key, via its webpage TPPWatch.org … Read more »

U.S Daily Press Briefing – January 13, 2011

Press Release – US State Department

MR. CROWLEY: Good afternoon and welcome to the Department of State, and we do welcome in the back of the briefing room today students from the Washington Center participating in a program here in D.C., and I had the opportunity to talk with them earlier this … Read more »

H Clinton Remarks at Inaugural Richard C. Holbrooke Lecture

Press Release – US State Department

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you. Well, this is a bittersweet moment for me personally to deliver this first inaugural lecture. I want to thank Kurt for that introduction and for reminding everyone that you are a tough act to follow, my friend. (Laughter.) … Read more »

Govt must act now to stop US dictating Internet liability

Press Release – Professor Jane Kelsey

“A campaign by the US entertainment industry to use the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) to make Internet firms liable for illegal downloads by their users needs to be headed off at the pass”, said Professor Jane Kelsey, a strong critic … Read more »

Waihopai Spybase Protest Saturday January 22nd

Press Release – Anti Bases Campaign

People from all around New Zealand will be converging on Blenheim and the super-secret Waihopai satellite interception spybase, in Marlborough, on the weekend of January 21-23. The Wikileaks NZ cables reveal the central role that this spybase plays in … Read more »

Full List of Wikileaks Published on Scoop – 10-01-11

Press Release – The Scoop Team

Poloff delivered reftel demarche to Michael McBryde, the Foreign Ministry’s UN Division Deputy Director, urging GNZ to vote no or abstain (as NZ did in November 2009) on the February 26 UN Goldstone Report draft resolution recently … Read more »

WikiLeaks: DAS Reed engages on TPP, U.N. reform, Envi Co-Op

Press Release – Wikileaks

February 19, 2010. During a series of meetings hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) on February 19, EAP Deputy Assistant (DAS) Secretary Frankie Reed engaged on a wide range of topics including the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), … Read more »

WikiLeak: NZ assesses trade highlights of Washington visit

June 4, 2009. New Zealand’s Trade Minister Tim Groser categorized all his meetings in Washington as extremely successful; he also expressed decidedly negative reactions to recent dairy export subsidy measures by the U.S. and EU. Groser outlined his plans … Read more »

WikiLeak: Is NZ open or opposed to added Afghan deployments?

March 26, 2009. March 25, New Zealand Foreign Minister Murray McCully gave his first public speech on the bilateral relationship with the United States (full text emailed to EAP/ANP). He started with his overall assessment: “Relations are, in my judgment, … Read more »

Next Page »